- ACE Certified Personal Trainer 1998
- AFAA Group Exercise Instructor 1998
- ACE Certified Weight and Lifestyle Management Consultant 2000
- CrossFit Level I Certification 2010
- YogaFit Level I Certification 2011
- CrossFit Goal Setting Certification 2012
- USAW Weightlifting Certification 2012
- CrossFit Kids Certification 2013
- Completed Thunder Road Marathon 2009
- 10th Place Carolina Fitness Challenge 2010
- Completed Disney Half Marathon 2011
- 4th Place Mid Atlantic Team Regionals 2011
- 3rd Place Masters Carolina Fitness Challenge 2011
- 19th Place Mid Atlantic Team Regionals 2012
- 9th Place Mid Atlantic CrossFit Games Open Masters 2013
Being physically active has been a cornerstone in my life. I began dancing at a young age and continued through college. Growing up in Florida, I was a lifeguard during the summers and the great weather usually kept me outdoors and on the go.
By the time I was in my junior year of college, I wanted to change my degree to something health and fitness related. However, the practical side of me convinced the “fitness freak” in me to stay the course with my major and not waste the credits. Several years after graduating and working in the federal government, I changed careers and devoted myself to the fitness and health industry. The “fitness freak” eventually won the battle.
I absolutely love helping people reach their goals and discover their inner athlete. (And, yes, everyone has an inner athlete!) I love sharing my knowledge and passion for health and giving others the tools to take control and change their lives. I’ve worked with all age groups – preschoolers to senior citizens – and every one of them has that moment when they achieve something new. Those are my favorite moments.
I’ve been working in this industry for the last 16 years and ‘I’ve seen a lot of trends and methodologies. Some worked, some didn’t, and some were absolutely ridiculous. I like to learn and try new things so CrossFit was very intriguing to me. It was also very intimidating to me. If something scares me, that’s usually a sign I need to do it. So I tried CrossFit. And I loved it. That was four years ago. CrossFit still scares me on some levels, but the constant challenge is good for me.
Challenge is good and with it comes great confidence. I’ve seen such a transformation in clients as they reach and surpass their goals and I’ve witnessed their confidence spill over into all aspects of their lives. I’m excited to be a part of this incredible Northlake family and be able to help anyone who walks through our doors in search of a happier and healthier lifestyle.