Erica is April’s member of the month. We are really proud of Erica for the work she has done in the gym. Erica has had to undergo foot surgery recently but this has not held her back from coming to the gym. From rowing with one foot to wall balls on a box Erica has continued to push herself towards her goals. Thanks for being a part of the Northlake family Erica!
1: Where are you from originally?
- • Silver Spring, MD
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
- Front Squats
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
- I was working out with a personal trainer, running, triathlon training, and playing soccer.
- • I have friends that attend CFN and took their advice to join.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
- I’ve played soccer my entire life and still do but also run, do triathlons, golf, and now CrossFit!
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
- • My current schedule allows me to CrossFit 3 times a week.
7. What is your athletic background?
- I’ve played soccer since I was 5 but I also played other team sports such as swimming, tennis and basketball.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
- I don’t think I can put my “real” thoughts down on paper because I want this to remain “PG” rated (laughing). But I was truly exhausted, realized how challenging it was and had a reality check that I wasn’t as strong as I thought I was. The workout kicked my tail but it had me wanting more. It’s not easy but it’s a challenge and I love the feel of camaraderie every time I do a WOD. It’s a feeling of being in “it” together, fighting for the same goals. I love it!
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
- I love the feeling of being a part of something life changing with like minded individuals. I also love the support I’ve gotten from the owners/coaches and members during my recovery from foot surgery.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
- The best advice I could give is to press forward. It’s going to be hard, but you’ll feel reinvigorated when you see what your body can do. Don’t give up and have fun!
11. What is your eating style?
- I have a horrible sweet tooth for cupcakes, but I try to record what I eat and manage my protein to carb ratio to ensure I’m getting half my body weight in protein and water. I’m starting to entertain Paleo eating.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake.
- My mental and physical strength is becoming stronger.
13. What do you do for a living?
- I work in Health Economics and Outcomes Research for a pharmaceutical company.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
- I love feeling and looking good and being as healthy as I can be. My family has many health issues I’m trying to avoid with diet/exercise. I want to be an example for those less active.