1. Where are you from originally?
Hampstead, NC. But recently relocated to Charlotte 7 months ago after living in Atlanta for 28 years.
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Kettlebells and slam balls
3. What is your least favorite WOD/movement?
Absolutely wall walks
4. What were you doing before Bootcamp? How did you hear about Bootcamp and/CrossFit Northlake?
I’ve had gym memberships for years and recently joined Golds Gym when I moved to Charlotte. I heard about CFN from an ad for the New You Challenge on Facebook.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides Bootcamp?
Prior to knee issues, I participated in a lot of 5/10k runs.
6. How many times per week do you come to Bootcamp?
Since the New You Challenge, I normally attend bootcamp classes about 4-5 times/week
7. What is your athletic background?
Started running 7 years ago and had to stop last year because of knee injuries
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
Initially, I thought I was pretty fit and strong. After the first workout, I realized how out of shape I really was! But, even though it was painful, I loved the CHALLENGE!!
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
There are many. But my favorite moments are: 1. When you feel as if you can’t do another AMRAP, the coaches are there to encourage you until the end! They refuse to let you quit. 2. Coaches will always find modified workouts since I have knee injury. 3. No two workouts are alike!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Don’t give up! I know movements or workouts might look impossible, but in time you will be able to achieve them! AND, you will love your body transformation!
11. What is your eating style?
Prior to joining CFN, I thought my eating habits were pretty healthy; salads, veggies, fruits. However, once I started the Paleo diet, I realized I was consuming too much sugar!! Even though the challenge has ended, I still incorporate the Paleo diet daily, but not as strict! It has become my new normal
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
OMG! I’ve lost 10lbs, 5.5 inches and 3.5% body fat. I feel better and was never able to accomplish this by working out in a traditional gym!
13. What do you do for a living?
Software QA Analyst
14. What drives you to be an active family?
Health Benefits. Only have one body and you have to take care of it!!
Leave a Reply